Tips for Using Your Blog as a Publishing Nucleus

On July 20th, 2011, wrote:

Blogs have increasingly become valuable multimedia hubs where personal bloggers and companies provide information through all types of media in various categories of interest. When bloggers write posts and get them published, they expect readers to find them. The fact, however, is that your blog is one among millions of others – probably even hundreds of millions – existing in the Web universe. Instead of waiting to be discovered, you need to find a way of telling the world that you exist. The best way of doing this is to promote your blog to social media sites. Once your post is published at your ‘hub’, you should let your followers and fans find the post where they hang out. With more than 200 million Twitter users and about 800 million on Facebook, having your post promoted through social media is crucial in giving your blog much needed exposure. There are several major platforms where you can publish and enable people – Read the full article

Path: The Launch of a Personal and Less Social Network

On November 16th, 2010, wrote:

A free photo-centric social sharing app called Path was launched early this week by a familiar face in social media: former Facebook Platform Manager Dave Morin. Just don’t call it a social network, though. Path – unlike Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn – is being positioned as “the personal network”. According to its San Francisco-based founders, Path is the place where “you will always feel comfortable being yourself and sharing the story of your life with your closest friends and family via the photos you take every day with your mobile device.” Sounds like Facebook Photos or Flickr – but there is this twist: with Path, you can only have up to 50 members in your network. Fifty and no more. That’s right. At a time when Facebook users are sharing bits and pieces of their lives to up to 5,000 friends, and where people are tweeting all kinds of information for thousands and thousands of followers to see, Path is – Read the full article

Flickr for Small Business: 14 Tips for the Social Media Tool Few Are Using

On November 6th, 2010, wrote:

A number of the world’s biggest businesses and brands are using Twitter. Chances are, they’re also using Facebook. And their employees are using LinkedIn, to connect with other professionals. How do you, as a small business owner, set yourself apart from the competition? Obviously you’ll have to be more creative with leveraging social media, and with finding alternative platforms where you can engage with customers. You’ll have to seize overlooked opportunities for marketing, or create these opportunities where none exist. Start by knowing there are other social networking tools in town. Like Flickr, for example. Okay, so we can almost hear you say it. Flickr? Really? How do you use that for marketing? Um, isn’t Flickr a picture community for hobbyists and photographers and artists? Just like Vimeo is a video community? And doesn’t Flickr explicitly say that you can’t use the site for commercial purposes? All of the questions above have a point, but that doesn’t mean you can’t – Read the full article

The Secrets to Optimizing Your Site for Image Search

On May 1st, 2010, wrote:

In one way or another, all Internet marketers have emphasized the importance of SEO (search engine optimization) techniques in growing one’s business and gaining a competitive edge over competitors. However, while some of us have focused well enough on optimizing the text on our websites and blogs, there aren’t as much taking the time to optimize images and photos for search. Lakeshore Branding hopes to change that. Image search, after all, is a feature present in all major search engines. Optimizing your site for that will likely bring in more targeted traffic, more conversions, and more subscribers. That’s because image searchers are usually interested in what a particular product or brand looks like. Want these people to find your site? Focus on optimizing each of your images and they just might rank higher in search results. Use good-quality photos Image search results take the form of thumbnails, so make sure that the images you use on your site have good – Read the full article

Bringing Social Media Sites Together

On March 4th, 2009, wrote:

FriendFeed is a utility tool that that collects all the updates from your favorite social media websites. It doesn’t send your info to your social media websites, but it gives you updates on all the sites your friends are using and creates a master feed of all your online activity. It takes feeds from Facebook, Twitter, your blog, Flickr, Yelp to name a few of the accounts your can tie to this social site. FriendFeed also acts as a stand alone social site, with options for posting notes, photos and links, as well as commenting on others’ contributions. You can check out our client GreenWerks and our social media expert Brandon Zeman on FriendFeed.